Friday, December 10, 2010

11 December 2010

HEY ALL! I'm back from yesterday, just that I was on facebook rather then blogging.

This year's church camp is very meaningful and taught me A LOT. It really made me reflect on myself.

It is held once every year, so if you are interested, I could bring you there next year :)

Last year's theme was The Sands Of Time Are Sinking.

This is actually a song, I think you can find it on youtube.

This year was Be Strong In The LORD and Earnestly Contempting For The Faith.

Be Strong In The LORD is a really nice hymn. I made quite a number of notes throughout the camp, I don't think I'll be sharing it through this post. I should be sharing it in the next post...

This year we went to Putrajaya, Selangor. We stayed at Hotel Equatorial, Bangi.

My hotel room, I'm sharing the room with my sis. :)



Cupboard.


My Room Key. My room no. is 653.


The TV in the room.


Sofa.


Balcony outside the hotel room.


Unpacking.





Dinner time. XD



Restaurant(Golden Phoenix)




The sermon at the ballroom.



The lights at the ballroom.


Micah wearing my jacket



Doing his own work very hard..
Let's see what he's doing :)



HAHA, he's drawing houses and in-floor plans(wow, I think he is gonna be an architect when he grows up :D)



Micah's art and craft during his lesson.


My milo.
Looks like coffee right? :D



Doing his own stuff.






This was the 8 of Dec.
And guessed what? It was the camp master's wedding anniversary!
They had been married for 20 years!
WOW!
There's the 2 of them in the middle of the picture(the last picture).
Well, that's all of the pictures I took. I'll share and scan my notes in the next post. Meanwhile, I haven't been doing my devotion for quite some time. Because through out this whole camp, I was fellowshipping(is there such a word? XD) with the campers and I don't want to lose that feeling! So I did my morning devotion today(not really morning, I did it around the early afternoon :P)

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2010
Meditate:
1. Which religious groups confess Jesus but act for Satan?
2. Can someone from such groups be a genuine believer?
3. How often do you examine your own conduct?
4. Whose name must you ultimately live up to?
Read:


Acts Chapter 13
13:6 And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certainsorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name [was] Barjesus:

13:7 Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man;who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.

13:8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstoodthem, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

13:9 Then Saul, (who also [is called] Paul) filled with the Holy Ghost, set hiseyes on him,

13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, [thou] child of the devil, [thou] enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right waysof the Lord?

13:11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord [is] upon thee, and thou shalt beblind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mistand a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

13:12 Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, beingastonished at the doctrine of the Lord.


John Chapter 8

8:44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, becausethere is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.



WHAT'S IN A NAME?
According to the Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary, Aaron bears the meaning "mountain of strength", Boaz means "in strength", Clement means "good or merciful". Going all the way to letter Z, we see that Zachariah means "memory of the Lord".
Of course, no-one would name their children Admatha (cloud of death), Belial (wicked, worthless), or perhaps Chesil (foolishness), but how wonderful it would be if all our Aarons, Boaz's, Clements and Zachariahs were strong, good, merciful and constantly reminded themselves and others of God.
In Acts 13:3-6 ,we learn of a sorcerer (Elymas) who was also known as the son of Jesus (Barjesus). Oddly enough this person who was demon possessed was named Barjesus. However, having such a name fooled people into thinking that Elymas was a godly man when in fact he was doing the work of the devil.
We often point our fingers at Neo-evangelicals, Roman Catholics, Charismatics and Liberals for their hypocrisy in claiming to do God's work while being part of Satan's ecumenical movement. Have we also taken the time to examine ourselves, making sure that we who name ourselves after Christ have been Christ-like in every respect?
Dear teen, confessing the Lord Jesus and yet not living lives that are pleasing to Him is no different from being like Elymas or those who have joined the devil's ecumenical movement in Jesus' name. Do not be a Clement who behaves more like a Belial!
Be like Jesus Christ who lives up to His name every day in every way.
"Thy name, O LORD, endureth for ever; and thy memorial, O LORD, throughout all generations." (Psalm 135:13 )

WOW! Aaron, Boaz and even Clement, these names had meanings!
I was EXCEPTIONALLY shocked to see that Clement meant good or merciful.
So we also learnt some names NOT to name our children, HAHA!

So, that's it. I have to do my Maths holiday homework.
BYE!











No comments:

Post a Comment