Tuesday, December 14, 2010

14 December 2010

Today's devotion.


TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010
Meditate:
1. Do you ever get tired of hearing the Gospel?
2. Do you ever get tired of speaking about the Gospel?
3. Have you ever felt hostile towards the Gospel?
4. Have you ever withheld the Gospel from someone you didn't like?
Read:


Acts Chapter 13




13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men [and] brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

13:40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;

13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in yourdays, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

13:43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes* followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

13:44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear theword of God.

13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, andspake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that theword of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, [saying], I have set thee to be a lightof the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

*Converts



Isaiah Chapter 49


49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.




ARE YOU TRULY OF GOD?
The governments of many countries have enforced legislation requiring graphic pictures of the harmful effects of smoking together with health warnings be printed on cigarette packages. This is on top of already hefty taxes imposed on the cost of cigarettes to discourage people from smoking. It is strange that authorities should find it so difficult to convince people to avoid harming themselves. Just as curious is the rejection of the Lord Jesus as Saviour.

In Acts 13:38-47 ,Paul had to go to great lengths to convince the Jews of the truth of the Gospel. Instead of embracing it as the solution to their greatest problem, they rejected it and even worse, they acted in opposition to the preaching of it to the Gentiles. This is just like a smoker with his cancer- riddled lungs not only refusing to accept treatment but instead offers his cigarettes to others to get them hooked.
It is no wonder that Jesus also criticised the Pharisees of His day that opposed Him at every point and called them children of the devil (John 8:44 ). Satan takes great pleasure in luring people away from God to their own damnation so that he can have their company in hell. The similarities in behaviour between those Pharisees then, the Jews described in these passages and Satan himself are astounding.

A true child of God may backslide and become distant from the things of God, but those who wilfully oppose God and His people are unknowing agents of the devil.
Dear teen, have you examined yourself and determined if you are truly of God?

"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God." (John 8:47 )

As I told you I would post my notes up in the next post, right? Since there were 2 topics, Be Strong In The LORD and Earnestly Contending For The Faith.


For the theme message, Be Strong In The LORD, we studied Psalm 23.
For the theme message, Earnestly Contending For The Faith, we studied Jude(the whole book, there is only one chapter with 25 verses).


So today I'm sharing the first message for Earnestly Contending For The Faith



 

So this is lesson is on Jude 1:1-2.
I enlarge the picture to the most already, so if you can't see, you'll have to zoom in.

I brought Micah to a playground near Kembangan CC :D





I was so shocked when I first brought him here. When he came down my bike, he ran to this and climbed it up without any help. I was SOO shocked. To think he is so strong.. I better get used to the fact that he has grown up...




Slide time!



Picture time!
:)


Gorilla. HAHA.
XD


We always go to a restaurant for lunch. I eat with my grandma, uncle and cousins.
This is Micah waiting for food... =.=







Playing my elder bro's hp.



Can you spot the sushi? :D


Ooops! I ate mine before I could take a photo of it! :D


My mum's ginger and wasabi.


My mum's sushi.



Sushi conveyor belt.

Well, that's it. I'll try to update more about this. I most probably won't be blogging for a few days because I'm going to my cousin's house to stay over but I'll be bringing my phone so I'm contactable :D.
BYE!














No comments:

Post a Comment